I'm sorry that this post is such a downer, but I really needed to vent for a moment.
1/21/10
The sun will come up... But not for long.
I try to be a positive person. I try really hard. People think that it's just me, I'm naturally perky. What they don't know is the internal battle I am constantly fighting in order to appear that way on the outside. I don't want to say that I've had a hard life, because overall, I am a very blessed person. But after saying that, I must say that I've had to deal with more trauma in the last 7 years than most people have to deal with in a lifetime. Much of it is my own fault. I got myself in some really bad situations and I have worked really, really hard to fix the wrongs that I have done, and to overcome the wrongs that have been done to me. I think that I have made amazing changes, and I am proud of myself for having the will power to change. The thing that I'm having a hard time with now, is that just when things seem to start going right, something happens. Always. I can have a good couple weeks, sometimes even a good month or two. But then without fail, I am put back in my place. It really feels like there is something out there that is trying to keep me from being truly happy. Maybe it's a lost memory that I need to deal with before I can get to that point or maybe it's just my fate to deal with all of the trauma that others aren't strong enough to handle. I don't know, but I need a break. I need just one thing to go right, and stay that way. At least for a little while. Is it too much to ask to have a small bit of peace? I know that I am strong person, but I can feel my strength slipping. And I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to keep holding on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a strong person! Sometimes you do just need a break though, everyone does. It's especially true when you are dealing with traumatic experiences, whether they're past or present traumas. At least you have the courage to face those traumas, and try to figure out how to overcome them...that's something most people can't do.
Just stay strong and take time for yourself! I know that you, of all people, have the skills to cope with things in the best possible way...even though that may become hard at times too. And remember you've got lots and lots of friends that care about you and want your sun to come up and stay up for forever! lol
Post a Comment