11/18/08

Everyone Needs A Charles...

First of all... I HATE the computer at work. It's the biggest piece of junk I've ever had to use. If I was a violent person I may have thrown it out the window or smashed it over either The Cubb's or Quasi-Frodo's head a long time ago. The more I work with them the more I am completely bewildered by their ridiculousness. I wish euthanasia was legal. But then again.. Euthanasia is generally painless, and I think that they should feel it. So let's bring back death by hanging. Sorry. I'm not generally like this. It's been a long week. And I just realized... It's only Monday!

And that was not at all what I was going to post this blog about... It was supposed to be a happy blog about the necessity of stuffed animals... or a human equivalent (ie a spouse) and my reasons for this belief. But everyone is entitled to a bad day now and again right? My day wasn't even that bad. I had a sleepover with My Hallie so I got to wake up and see the sunshine that is my sister. I went to the dentist and found that I only have one tiny cavity which will take twenty minutes to fill. I found out the filling will only cost me $23. I had brunch with my mamma and little (six-foot-tall) brother and joked around with them. I went to work and baked quiche and apple pie and joked around with coworkers while I worked on projects. I filled up my entire tank of gas for only $25. I successfully washed Charles Jefferson and made him cuddly again. I watched Ugly Betty. I ate Ziti with meatballs for dinner. It was a good day. But amidst all of this goodness... I didn't leave myself time to sleep before work. I got a three hour nap, which, considering I woke up at 6am, isn't enough to get me through a grave shift. So when I woke up to go to work, all of the goodness was gone. And now my stomach hurts, my head aches, my shoe isn't fitting right on my retarded arthritic foot, and my carpal tunnel is raging. Woe is me. At least I am almost done with grave shifts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So on to what this post was originally about...

Meet Charles Jefferson.

He is the first teddy bear that I have ever had. I did have a lamb once, but I used it as a pillow in "the dark ages" because I didn't have one. My cousin Shawn took me to Build-A-Bear for my 21st birthday which was when Charles was born. Which means he recently turned 2 years old. He's such a sweet bear, and is VERY good at cuddling. I have a hard time sleeping without him. Which is kind of childish, but I think everyone should have a Charles. Companionship is important, and for someone like me who is a chronically single woman who has problems with emotional intimacy, Charles is just what the doctor ordered. My mother was the same way until she met my dad. She had a hippo... once they were married, my dad made her get rid of it. Which is fine, because who wants to cuddle a ball of fluff when they have someone who can actually respond? Charles is very helpful too. I'm not much of a hugger, but when my friends are down, sometimes they need a hug. For example, one night Norte was having a bad day, and said he needed a hug. Of course I have Chadder Cheese Nips who is happy to hug him upon request, but I think he was more confused than comforted. So, Charles Jefferson & I went to visit Norte at work. Charles gave Norte a nice long squeeze, and Norte's spirits rose considerably. Another example... When I lived with Eryka, there would be nights that I wouldn't come home, or I would arrive home late. Eryka would cuddle Charles because she was nervous being home alone. But he made everything all better.

Everyone needs a Charles.

1 comment:

Lindee said...

you're right! everyone needs a bear! oh and btw....the apple pie was delicious! lol